Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 2 of Contest Pimpery

I admit to being eager about the results of the Ten Word Novel Contest. We've already got a total of twelve people who have entered or said they were going to enter*, with an unlimited number of entries per person (it's ten words, why would I limit it to one entry each?). Oh, and remember to post your entry in the comments of yesterday's post.

I also have a panel of judges willing to help me select the lucky winner(s) from the available ten-word novels. These are folks whose writing talent I admire, people that I respect, and also the ones that I know how to persuade (read:bribe).

As I said before, the contest will close on Thursday, December 31. You have two weeks plus a day to get those entries in.

Overwhelm us.

* EDIT: Because I realized I said that wrong.

8 comments:

L. T. Host said...

I'm still thinking!!!

Expect me to come in close to the gate.

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm with L.T., I'll be coming in toward the end. Nothing has come to me yet.

Matthew Delman said...

Don't worry, ladies. I expect a lot of folks will come in toward the end of the contest time frame.

Spread the word!

Joshua McCune said...

L.T.'s probably trying to come up w/ something about wallabies :)...

Perhaps I'll try for one a day:

Euthanized monkey for sale. Won't bite. Doesn't like children.

J.B. Chicoine said...

Bane made me do this:

The corpse in the desert wasn’t related to his sister.

Stephanie Thornton said...

I've been thinking on this. It's hard to try to top the example you gave yesterday!

Adam Heine said...

@Stephanie Fortunately, Hemingway hasn't entered the contest. You only have to top the rest of us!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ooooo...The pressure! The pressure! ;-)