Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our Powers Combined ....

As I'm wont to do most days, I was tooling around on Twitter when I espied Steampunk Scholar Mike Perschon, Beyond Victoriana's Ay-leen the Peacemaker, and Jaymee Goh of Silver Goggles talking academics. Mike mentioned world domination, and of course I had to get in the mix. Then Lee-Ann Faruga (Countessa Lenora) of Steampunk Canada, Airship Ambassador Kevin Stiel, and Ren Cummins also joined the discussion.

Go to Silver Goggles to see the transcript of the insanity. Trust me, it's funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As far as fiction based on Egyptian Steampunk, I reccomend The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers, a non-stop, breathtaking, time spanning, haunting adventure by one of the masters of Steampunk and The Osiris Ritual by George Mann a rich, riveting mystery which includes a Victorian mummy unwrapping party. As Timeless as Stone is another example of Egyptian Steampunk in fiction as its trailer illustrates at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEOp9l9ZFA