Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders in Print

Wow it's been a long time since anything new's gone up here, hasn't it?

Life in the World of Matthew has been incredibly busy as of late. Between my losing a fairly lucrative part-time job, Her Highness the Missus and I hunting for a new place to live (we're moving out of the current place due to a whole host of reasons), and my own self attempting to launch both a freelance writing career and make Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders into a proper going concern ... you can see why I haven't really had much chance to spend here with all you fine folks.

That all said, a momentous occasion has occurred than I want to share with you. You see, for the past two months or so, myself and the team over at Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders have been working hard to bring the magazine into a brand-new medium (for us at least, not brand new for everyone else). So it's with great pleasure that I announce we've put out our very first print edition for purchase from the fine folks at MagCloud.com. Click on the link below and you'll get taken to the purchase page.
Volume 1, Issue 1

Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders Issue 1: Volume 1, Issue 1

Come Join the Show! Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders is a steampunk magazine chock-full of features on movies, comic books, conventions, and stellar short fiction. This month we serialize two novels for the first time!

Find out more on MagCloud


I'd greatly appreciate y'all heading over there and buying a copy, but failing that if you could please re-blog the fact that we now have a print issue for sale I'd be extraordinarily happy. To re-blog, click the Repost.Us button down at the bottom of the post and you'll get an embed code that you can use.

We're going to be releasing this as a monthly publication, and I'll be announcing the issues over at DoctorFantastiques.com as they're available for sale.

An additional note: If you have a Steampunk story you want to see covered, drop me a note at matthew.delman@doctorfantastiques.com and I'll assign one of my amazing correspondents to cover it.

2 comments:

ggray said...

Great news, Matt. I'll post this on my facebook and my blog, as well as post it on the Upstate Steampunk Group. I'm sure the con attendees who heard your most excellent presentation will be thrilled!

Matthew Delman said...

Thanks Gail!