Friday, July 16, 2010

Call for Guest Posts

You may have noticed that posting here has become somewhat erratic of late. This is for a few reasons: my office is becoming busier as we're down a person and moving into the busy season, I have Issue One of Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders to lay-out and distribute, and I have a guest post for Beyond Victoriana that I need to finish by month's end, as well as a short story that needs to be sent out by the same time.

Suffice it to say, real life has interfered with me placing thoughtful content on this here blog on a basis consistent with what I want. So I've decided that I'm going to take the month of August off as a blog break.

This is where you come in, readers. Since I'm not going to be posting here during August, and I don't want to have this blog go dark for a whole month (a fairly massive death knell in terms of several things), I was thinking I'd open the floor for anyone who wants to write a guest post for this here space during that month.

Now I know what you're thinking: Does it have to be about Steampunk? Well no, not really -- I'd prefer those types of posts honestly but they're not necessary. Write whatever the heck you want to write. The only thing I really care about is that it's less than 1,000 words in length.

The end result of this is that I need 13 people willing to write guest posts for me for the duration of August. Blog-friend Ay-leen the Peacemaker already has 3 slots taken up with the article she agreed to write for me (I'm writing the article for her blog as a trade-off), so that's why I don't need the full 16.

Drop an email to mattdelman83@gmail.com by July 30th with your guest post if you want to take up the gauntlet. I'd love to read what you have.

No comments: